Blue Microphones Mouse Condenser Microphone
The Mouse Microphone from Blue features a cardioid pattern studio condenser design and can be used with both vocal and general instrument recording. The cardioid pattern effectively minimizes off-axis sound, reducing noise caused by room ambiance, monitors, and other instruments. The microphone's capsule employs a single-membrane configuration and offers a 6-micron thick mylar film sputtered with a mixture of gold and aluminum and tensioned to hand-built brass backplates. This capsule provides transparent sonic quality while handling high sound pressure levels, making it suitable for recording in a wide range of applications, including drums, percussion, vocals, brass, guitar, and stringed instruments. The Mouse's rotating capsule and compact design allow for high sonic quality and mic placement in difficult spaces. The package includes a wood storage box and a shockmount.
- Blue's famous hand-built large diaphragm capsule
- Larger-than-life sound with a boost in the upper and lower frequencies and a strong presence
- Transformer balanced Class A discrete amplifier circuit
- Integrated suspension shockmount and rotating head for optimal placement
- Hand-tuned and tested - includes The Shock (custom shockmount) and cherrywood storage box
- Custom Ordered Ships Directly From Warehouse May Take 7-10