The JBL Commercial Solutions Series CSS-H30 Paging Horn provides excellent voice range clarity for public address systems, announcement/paging, intercom, security, alarm and industrial applications. Designed for demanding environmental conditions, the CSS-H30 is highly weather resistant (IP-65 rated) so it can be used in either indoor or outdoor applications. The focused coverage pattern allows the horn to project the sound a farther distance than is the case with wider-coverage paging horns. Typical applications for this product are public access areas, warehouses, factories, schools, recreational facilities, commercial buildings, distribution centers, civic centers, and other commercial sound and protectivesignaling systems.
The CSS-H30 includes a UL-registered 30-watt multi-tap transformer for use with 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines. The power tap switch is screwdriver adjustable for easily changing settings from 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.8W (and 1.9W at 70V only). For non-distributed systems there is an 8 ohm bypass position. Connection is via bare wire on a built-in jacketed cable with water-tight entrance to the speaker.
The transducer diaphragm is sturdy phenolic material to enhance durability, especially in outdoor applications, and to resist deformation under stressful temperature conditions. To further increase reliability, a 350 Hz high-pass filter is built-in to protect the paging horn against damage from frequencies below the operational frequency band. The horn is constructed from sturdy ABS plastic and exterior hardware is corrosion-resistant stainless steel. A stainless steel mounting bracket is included.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Excellent voice range clarity for announcement and paging.
- High sensitivity delivers high sound levels with minimal power amplification.
- Focused 50° horizontal by 70° vertical coverage for long throw capability.
- Phenolic diaphragm driver for outdoor durability and high reliability.
- UL-registered 30-watt multi-tap transformer, with 8 ohm direct bypass.
- Built-in high-pass filter enhances reliability by protecting against low frequency damage.
- Highly weather-resistant, with stainless steel bracket and hardware.
- Frequency Response (-10 dB)*: 380 Hz – 6 kHz
*Based on average 1 kHz – 6 kHz sensitivity
- Coverage Pattern: 50° horizontal by 70° vertical (at 2 kHz and averaged 1 kHz – 4 kHz)
- Included High-Pass Filter: Passive 350 Hz high-pass filter built-in to protect against damage from frequencies below operational range.
- Directivity Factor (Q): 15.8 (2 kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI): 12 (2 kHz)
- System Power Rating**: 30 W (120 W peak), 100 hrs.
**AES standard, one decade pink noise with 6 dB crest factor within device's operational band, free air, 100 hr continuous.
- Sensitivity (1W, 2.83V@ 1m):
- 108 dB, ave. 1 kHz – 6 kHz
- 112 dB at 1.4 kHz
- Maximum SPL (1m)***: 123 dB cont ave. (129 dB peak), 1 kHz – 6 kHz; 127 dBcont ave. (133 dB peak), 1.4 kHz, 30W input, 8 ohm Setting
***Calculated, based on power rating and measured sensitivity, exclusive of power compression.
- Nominal Impedance:
- 30W/70V, NC/100V tap: 167 ohms
- 15W/70V, 30W/100V tap: 333 ohms
- 7.5W/70V, 15W/100V tap: 667 ohms
- 3.8W/70V, 7.5W/100V tap: 1333 ohms
- 1.9W/70V, 3.8W/100V tap: 2666 ohms
- 8 ohms at 8 ohm direct setting
- Transformer Taps:
- 70V: 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.8W, 1.9W
- 100V: 30 W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.8W
- Driver: 38 mm (1.5") diameter with phenolic diaphragm
- Horn Material: ABS
- Mounting Hardware: Stainless steel powder-coated U-bracket (yolk) with 3x10.4 mm (0.41") dia mounting holes, stainless
steel exterior hardware.
- Color: RAL9016 (horn and bracket)
- Input Connection: 300 mm (12 in) pigtail to bare wire; entrance viawatertight fitting. Wire colors: red = positive (+); black =
- Environmental: IP-65 rating per IEC529, salt spray per B117, stainless steel U-bracket and exterior hardware.
- Safety Agency: Transformer UL Registered per UL1876 "Isolating Signal and Feedback Transformers for Use in Electronic Equipment"
- Horn: 8.2" H x 11.2" W x 11.3" D (206 x 285 x 287 mm)
- Horn and mounting bracket: 8.9" H x 11.2" W x 11.3" D *224 x 285 x 287 mm) Depth excludes cable exit.
- Weight: 4.5 lbs (2 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs (2.7 kg)
- Included Accessories: Stainless steel mounting bracket