JBL PRX715XLF 1500 Watt 15" Powered Subwoofer
The JBL PRX715XLF is the next step in the highly successful PRX Series and introduces the first use of JBL's patented Differential Drive® Technology with ferrite drivers. Differential Drive technology incorporates lower mass in the ferrite magnet for reduced weight while maximizing power amp efficiency for greater heat dissipation and increased power handling. Powering the PRX715XLF is a 1500 Watt high performance, exceptionally low distortion amplification system engineered to deliver clean power with maximum headroom to efficiently deliver rich, deep bass response even at very high sound power levels. Compact, ultra-lightweight, the PRX715XLF uses JBL’s tour tested technology throughout so you can trust it to deliver a lifetime of reliable performance.
High Performance Low Frequency Drivers
Tour tested Differential Drive technology delivers extended frequency response, high power output and low distortion in a dramatically lighter package. With the ferrite magnet positioned inside the dual-coil/dual-gap voice coil, heavy steel pole pieces are eliminated. The heat sink is the chassis itself, further lowering system weight while ensuring consistent, reliable performance.
Highly efficient Class-D amplification drives Maximum Sound Pressure Levels are the best indication of the performance of a powered speaker and all PRX700 Series excel in this critical specification. JBL’s ability to maximize the speaker and amplifier performance guarantees ample power, accurate dynamics and sonic purity.
Road Tough Construction
Built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish, grilles from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel, and light-weight glass-filled nylon handles ensure strength and durability. A seriously rugged package that will withstand the brutality of constant road use.
Normal or reverse polarity can be switched for matching to varied sub/satellite system configurations.
The PRX700 Series is a platform technology with a range of models that integrate seamlessly for multiple system options that excel in challenging audio environments and loud volumes. Compact and powerful, the PRX715XLF offers exceptional sub/sat performance for its weight and size.
- Pole receptacle accepts a JBLPOLE-GA or JBLPOLE-MA on the top panel
- Integrated stereo pass-thru, with selectable HP filter, and polarity reverse
- Augment full range setups for live performance or DJ
- Multiple cabinets for a scalable, highly professional sound reinforcement system
- Suspend any of the top cabinets for use in commercial installations or Houses of Worship
An integrated limiter circuit on the inputs guarantees signal integrity. System performance is optimized through the use of sophisticated Digital Signal Processing for EQ, crossover, amplifier control, and protection.
- DSP Input limiter circuit, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- 2x XLR-1/4" combination inputs, with 2x XLR loop-thru
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Power Rating: 1500 Watts
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 37 Hz - 113 Hz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB): 44 Hz – 91 Hz
- Internal Crossover Frequency: 90 Hz DSP controlled 48 dB filter slope
- Loop out Crossover Frequency: 120 Hz analog 24 dB filter slope
- Maximum SPL: 131 dB
- Signal indicators:
- Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and DSP limiter is acting
- Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
- Power/Standby: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio, Red indicates system has power but is in a power saving mode and will not pass audio.
- Dynamic Control (Input): dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms (balanced)
- Polarity: normal or reverse polarity
- LF Driver: 1x JBL 2275H 15" woofer
- Enclosure: Rectangular, 18 mm & 25mm, plywood
- Transport: 2x injection molded handles with backing cup
- Finish: Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish
- Grille: Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.
- Input Connectors: Two Balanced female XLR-1/4" combo connectors
- Output Connectors: Two balanced male XLR connectors.
- Dimensions: 21.54" H x 17.52" W x 22.48" D
- Net Weight: 56 lbs (25.4 kg)