This cutaway acoustic/electric Grand Auditorium blends layered walnut back and sides with a solid Sitka spruce top, making it a great all-around acoustic that responds well to strumming, flatpicking and fingerpicking. With our patented Taylor neck, you’ll enjoy easy playability and accurate intonation as long as you own the guitar, and the slightly narrower 1-11/16-inch nut width makes forming barre chords easier on the hands. The Venetian cutaway gives you access to more upper-end fretboard real estate, while our dynamic Expression System 2 pickup produces a natural amplified acoustic voice that will help you sound your best whenever you plug in. The clean appointment scheme includes Italian acrylic dot fretboard inlays, a 3-ring rosette, plus black binding and a black pickguard that complement the look of the genuine ebony fretboard and bridge. The guitar includes a lightweight protective gig bag for easy portability.
Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Walnut’s crisp highs are balanced by a deep, woody low end that emerges as the guitar is played in.
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines.The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Layered Walnut (Exterior)
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Standard II Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish: Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Elixir Phosphor-Bronze Light Gauge Strings
- Case: Deluxe Taylor Gig Bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico