This cutaway edition of our 100 Series Dreadnought gives flatpickers and strummers an open road to explore the upper register, rewarding the excursion with strong, clear treble notes that will make solos shine. The guitar features Taylor’s signature thin-profile neck and a hand-friendly 1 11/16-inch nut width. The layered walnut construction is both resilient and visually appealing, and together with the solid Sitka spruce top, projects a great sound that will improve with age. Taylor’s ES2 pickup cleanly translates the guitar’s tonal nuances into a warm amplified acoustic voice that lets your playing come through loud and clear.
Taylor’s Dreadnought captures the potent tone flatpickers and strummers love.
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Walnut’s crisp highs are balanced by a deep, woody low end that emerges as the guitar is played in.
The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
The Venetian cutaway is known for its soft, round lines.The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- Body type:Taylor Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood:Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides:Layered Walnut (Exterior)
- Bracing pattern:Taylor Standard II Bracing (Forward Shift Pattern)
- Body finish:Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Neck shape:Standard Taylor Profile
- Nut width:1.69 in. (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard:Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood:Sapele
- Scale length:25.5 in.
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Matte 2.0 Varnish
- Configuration:Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ:2-Band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Headstock overlay:Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines:Chrome Tuners with Chrome Buttons
- Bridge:Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut:Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings:6
- Special features:Elixir Phosphor-Bronze Medium Gauge Strings
- Case:Deluxe Taylor Gig Bag